By making a deposit to AAA Select Vacations (AAASV), the traveler agrees to be bound by the below additional terms and conditions.
- Independent Contractor. AAASV is a travel agency whose business is to arrange travel related services, including but not limited to: accommodations, transportation, sightseeing and entertainment options. In arranging specific vacation packages (“Packages”), AAASV acts neither as an agent of the traveler nor of any providers of travel services. AAASV is not a common carrier and does not directly or indirectly provide any air transportation, rail transportation, ground transportation, accommodations, meals, attractions or other services related to travel.
- Limitation of Liability. As an independent contractor, AAASV shall not be liable for personal injury or transportation, meals or other services related to travel or which occur from any cause whatsoever during or as a consequence of the customer’s travel; nor shall AAASV be responsible for any injuries, damages or losses caused to any traveler due to any terrorist activities, labor unrest, mechanical or construction difficulties, diseases, local laws, theft, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions, or any other actions or conditions outside the control of AAASV. AAASV shall not be liable for any delayed departure, missed carrier connections, substitution of accommodations or performance or of common carrier equipment, termination of services, changes in fares and rates, or cancellation or double booking of reservations or tickets beyond its control and without notice. AAASV reserves the right to change any feature of any Package as it may be necessary with or without notice. It is understood by the traveler that AAASV shall not be responsible for any inconvenience or expense incurred by such changes. AAASV shall not be liable for late delivery or non-delivery of documents and/or tickets and consequences thereof due to the fault of the United States Postal Service, Federal Express of any other letter/parcel carrier which it elects to use. AAASV reserves the right to accept or reject any person as a member of any tour Package at any time for any reason whatsoever.
- Cancellations. If you decide to cancel your Package, the following fees apply and are due to AAASV at the time (prior to departure) we receive notice of your cancellation. Please note that some Packages may have special cancellation or transfer fees; if so, they will be listed on the supporting Package documents and will supersede the provisions set forth below.
(Will be filled in once product is made)
- Travel Insurance. AAASV recommends that you purchase travel insurance.
- Documentation. Traveler is solely responsible for determining and obtaining proper documentation including any passports or other travel documentation that may be required by air carriers, suppliers, and governmental authorities. Failure to carry proper proof of citizenship may lead to denied entry to aircraft and/or foreign country. A valid passport is required for US citizens traveling outside of the United States. Passports must be valid for a minimum of six months past the date of travel. See www.travel.state.gov for additional information.
- Luggage. Many airlines are now charging fees for, luggage. Unless otherwise specified in the Package, these fees are payable by traveler directly to the airline. Please contact the airline for specific details. It is traveler’s responsibility for determining and complying with airline or other supplier luggage restrictions.
- Minimum Number of Participants. A Package may require a minimum number of travelers. If AAASV is unable to sign up the minimum number, AAASV reserves the right to cancel the Package with a full refund to you. If AAASV signs up enough travelers to run a Package but cancellations drop the number of travelers below the required minimum, AAASV may run the Package regardless or AAASV may cancel the Package, in its sole discretion.
- Refunds. AAASV does not give any refunds for unused hotel rooms, meals, sightseeing Packages or other tour arrangements or event tickets. The Package price is quoted as a package; credits are not given for services not used.
- Waiver and Release of Liability. The traveler by making the deposit hereby waives and releases all liabilities, cause of action, claims and demands against AAASV, its employees, officers, directors, vendors and contractors (“Released Parties”), where such liabilities, causes of action, claims and demands arise in any way from any injury, death, loss or harm (whether foreseen or unforeseen) that occur to traveler or to any other person or to any property during the Package or are in any way related to the Package.
- Indemnification. Traveler promises to indemnify, warrant, hold harmless and defend the Released Parties against any and all liabilities, causes of action, claims and demands that arise from traveler’s acts or traveler’s failure to act (including traveler’s own negligence) during or relating to the Package. In accordance with this promise, traveler will reimburse the Released Parties for any damages, reasonable settlements and defense costs, including attorneys’ fees that they incur because of any such claims made against them.
- Applicable Law, Forum and Attorneys’ Fees. This agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Rhode Island, without any reference to its choice of law rules. Traveler agrees that any dispute arising from this agreement or in any way associated with the Package shall be brought in the Providence County, Rhode Island and traveler agrees to the jurisdiction and venue of the Rhode Island courts for any such dispute. In any litigation in which the validity or enforceability of this agreement is contested, traveler agrees that the prevailing party will pay all attorneys’ fees and costs of the parties seeking to uphold the agreement.
- Oral Representations. No oral representations, statements or other inducements to sign these terms and conditions, including the release herein, have been made apart from what is contained in this document.
- Minors. If one of the travelers is a minor, then the signature of the minor’s parent or guardian is also required. In consideration of my minor child being permitted to participate in the Package, traveler accepts and agrees to the full contents of this agreement. Traveler understands that traveler is responsible for and traveler accepts the responsibility for the supervision throughout the duration of the Package of any minor travelling in traveler or an authorized chaperone’s care. Traveler also agrees to release, hold harmless, indemnify and defend the Released Parties (defined above) from all liabilities and claims that arise in any way related to the Package. This includes any claim of the minor.